When painting your home, the sheer amount of color options for residential paint in Santa Rosa is somewhat intimidating. With so many options it can be hard to know where to start and what colors to even consider. Here are five tips from Hawley’s Paints to help you choose the best colors for your home.
Five Tips for Picking Residential Paint in Santa Rosa
- Use What You Like: everyone has a favorite color and that color can be used as a base to design your residential paint layout and pattern. While there are certainly popular color trends to consider remember that it is your home and it is an extension of your personal taste.
- Color Theory: when painting your home, you need to consider how colors relate to one another. Some colors can clash and don’t go well together from a visual perspective. By a using a color wheel you can easily compare colors using basic color theory.
- Use Other Styles for Inspiration: interior decoration has a long history of vibrant styles and color layouts. By reviewing both classic and modern style you can get inspiration for your own color choices. Remember you can copy color choices without copying the overall decorative style.
- Narrow Down Your Choices Before You Shop: a key area where people run into difficulty when picking colors is they have too many ideas in mind. Before walking into a paint store, it helps to have specific colors in mind to review and compare in person. You can make use of magazines, websites, cloth samples, and paint swatches to help narrow down your color choices.
- Use a Color Picking App: lastly, consider using technological assistance. Color Apps have become far more advanced as technology has improved. A color picking app can scan any color, tell you what it is, build a palette of colors, and suggest similar colors. This is excellent for building your paint plan and finding colors you like but may not know the specific names for.
Get the Right Residential Paint in Santa Rosa
After proper thought and planning on what your paint colors should be the next step is to find a reputable paint store. When buying residential paint in Santa Rosa, Hawley’s Paint is here to help. With over 100 years of experience, Hawley’s Paint has stayed up-to-date on current industry advancements and offers leading brands at affordable prices. Contact Hawley’s today!